You’re an adult now, and the time for playing and having fun is over, right? Wrong; Adults can, and should; play and have fun. In fact, there are studies that show the many benefits of cavort for adults, which include increased creativity; productivity, and feelings of well-being. Houston succour up nationally recognized dining, shopping, entertainment and nightlife. World-class attractions and events. Best of all, you’ll find a number of things that are fun filled budget-friendly. In fact, there’s so many Fun things to do in Houston, you may want to schedule an extra day or two to your trip.
Here’s a list of fun things to do in Houston Texas for adults.
- Perfect Beach Day out
If you’re a beach person, then surely this place is for you; 32-acre Harris County park is the perfect place to get away from the hustle of city life and experience a nice beach with a refreshing ocean breeze. Unlike most other beaches in the area, Sylvan Beach boasts fine sand, no seaweed covering the beach, and smaller waves for more enjoyable swimming. Also; Sylvan Beach Park contains not only a playground for children, but clean benches and picnic tables, a fishing pier, boat ramp, and an air-conditioned pavilion. Bring a picnic for lunch and spend the whole day at the beach.
- TAKE A COOKING CLASS
If there’s one thing that truss all of us together; it’s our love of a good food. And who hasn’t dreamed of creating an intricate dinner from scratch, roasting their own coffee beans, or canning their own preserves? Cooking classes are just the ticket, and there’s a class to fit any taste. Before you go, be sure to check out our handy guide to choosing the right cooking class in Houston; for you.
- Well-done cooking class– It’s BYOB so you can bring your favorite wine, but they do have wine, beer, and sodas available for purchase. They provide wine glasses, wine opener, apron, etc. All cooking utensils are provided as well, and the best part yet – they do the dishes.
- Urban-Chef- The dishes are served family style which encourages chatting with your fellow classmates.
- Etta’s Little Kitchen- is a pop-up restaurant; this place is for the people who Fun Atmosphere, Live Music, Great Brunch, DJs, Creative Cocktails, Stellar Bar Food”
- The Power of Retail Therapy
How good does it make you feel to purchase clothes that will make you feel beautiful? As style capital of the South. Houston is the home to a Project Runway-winner and more than a dozen distinct shopping areas, with retail that runs the gamut from vintage to high-end designer.
- The Galleria: Shopaholics rejoice in the glory of the Galleria and its 375-plus stores and grand ice rink, flanked by Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom and Macy’s. Akin to New York’s Fifth Avenue or Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills; with shops like Louis Vuitton, Montblanc, Chanel, Gucci and Versace; the sprawling mall also has hip designer boutiques like Tory Burch and Henri Bendel, plus J. Crew, Lululemon and Aveda.
- Katy Mills Mall: A enormous mall 25 miles west of downtown, Katy Mills is a massive 1.3 million square feet of retail and fun under one roof. Shops more than 200 stores, including Neiman Marcus Last Call, Saks Off Fifth, Banana Republic, Polo Ralph Lauren and Nike Factory Stores. Be sure to taste in-Texas-only Blue Bell ice cream.
- Take a Yoga Class
When life gets exceedingly busy, finding time to unwind and relax is usually last on our list of pre-eminences. However, finding more ways to fit the relaxation into your timetable is important, as it can help keep not only our physical health in check, but our mental health as well. Here’s Houston’s few yoga places for you to check.
- Black Swan Yoga Houston
Black swan yoga place is an approachable; affordable, and community-driven yoga studio. They kudos all yogic styles, practices and philosophies.
Suggested Post: Things to do in Dallas Texas with Kids
- Montrose Yoga
They believe in making yoga economical for all people; plus, each teacher at the Montrose yoga has their own unique style of teaching, creating a class schedule that offers diversity.
If you’re completely new to yoga; then this place is for you. Yoga-Works is a great intro-They have a variety of hot, vinyasa, forest, yin, rocket and other classes; to ease you into the practice.
(This is a guest post)